Kevin McGuire BSc LLB(Hons) MRICS ACIArb
Solicitor (non-practising) and Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Kevin has 25 years experience of working in or associated with the construction and engineering industries. He trained and qualified as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with a regional contractor before working as a Claims and Contracts Consultant with a leading practice gaining international dispute experience. He re-trained and qualified as a Solicitor practicing exclusively in construction and engineering law.
Before establishing Construct Legal & Commercial, Kevin was a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Group at Pinsent Masons, the world's leading construction law firm. At Pinsent Masons his work was predominantly advisory and dispute related and included:
- Acting in complex litigation for a main contractor against a residential property developer.
- Acting for numerous contractors in adjudications against employers and sub-contractors in relation to disputed interim and final accounts, claims for loss and expense, extensions of time and defects.
- Enforcement of adjudicator's awards.
- Advising contractors in relation to latent defects claims.
- Acting for contractors pursuing and defending claims under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes.
- Acting for main contractors in relation to payment and professional negligence disputes under PFI contracts.
- Acting in a professional negligence claim brought by a property developer against an architect.
- Strategic advice to parties on points of dispute and contractual interpretation
Kevin is experienced in advising upon and amending standard forms and bespoke contracts including JCT80, JCT98, JCT 2005, DOM1/2, NEC2, NEC3, ICE 6th, ICE 7th and PFI contracts. He has lectured on adjudication at the University of West of England, delivered training for the RICS and presented at training workshops for clients.
2010 – to present
2007 to 2010
2006 - 2007
2002 - 2006
2000 - 2002
1986 - 2000
Construct Legal & Commercial
Davies Arnold Cooper
Moore & Co. Construction Solicitors
Stapleton International Limited
Wrenco (Contractors) Limited
CIOB Accredited in Adjudication
Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction)
LLB (Hons) Bachelor of Laws (2.1)
Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Associate of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
BSc Quantity Surveying (Distinction)
Chartered Institute of Building Part 1
HNC Building Studies
ONC Building Studies
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
- Construction Law
- Construction Adjudication
- Advice on construction and engineering contracts
- Construction claims and disputes
- Dispute resolution proceedings
- Commercial and strategic advice
Please Contact Us for a free